Monday, September 30, 2019

I guess September is for blogging

Looking back, I see that the last time I used this blog was 2 years ago in September. And before that it was 7 years ago. Yikes!

Life sure has changed, even in the last two years. Right now, life looks like two daughters, one dog, and the only constant has been Matt and me. I'm only working once a week at school right now and spend the majority of my time with my girls at home.

Right now, we're just rolling into fall here in the Phoenix Valley. It's hot, but it's getting cooler and I'm starting to crave that fall feeling. I've been trying to recreate those sweet, cozy vibes through music, food, and spiced coffees. I want to decorate the house for fall, but it always seems like such an investment, monetarily and commitment-wise. I always feel like I miss the mark with decor. I think I don't know what I'm doing!

Fall brings back the memories from Ohio. The leaves falling, changing, crunching. The air getting crisp and cool. OSU football. The smell of bonfires and the chill of the air. It's such a beautiful time year in the midwest. Arizona fall is okay. It certainly doesn't feel as cozy, but you do get hints. They come in the early morning when it's been dark and the land has cooled down. You can a breeze here and there. The changes are definitely more subtle, but they're there. I really miss Ohio during this time of year.

Seasons seem so much more worth celebrating when you have kids. They are so excited for the changes and really, they make all of it so much more fun. I've really come to look forward to September through December.

Once again, we're contemplating. Do we stay or do we go? It's so hard to make a decision. I love so many things about my life here in Arizona, but Ohio seems to be calling me over and over. The pros and cons lists for both places are infinite and truly, we just need to make a real choice. It's so hard to have one foot here and one foot there. It's not the kind of dance I'd recommend to anyone, honestly.

I hope I do keep up with this blog more. I love the escape that writing provides and sometimes I just need to think through things this way. If not, I'll see you in a few years!

- Jessica

No comments: